Australian Wildlife Services is a wildlife management consultancy based in Canberra.
We specialise in wildlife surveys, GIS mapping, tranquilising wild animals, conservation management, strategic policy analysis, and population research.
Dr George Wilson who leads AWS has more than 40 years experience flying through the outback working as a zoologist, veterinarian, research scientist, resource conservationist and commercial survey pilot.
Dr Wilson is an Honorary Professor at the Australian National University, Fenner School of Environment and Society.
AWS has projects Australia-wide, some examples are:
- Mapping distribution of kangaroos
- Developing wildlife industries that aid conservation
- Ecological monitoring and surveys
- GIS mapping & remote sensing
- Indigenous land management – integrating traditional knowledge and science
- Independent review of environmental impact statements (EIS)
- Advice on policy and strategic research priorities
- Veterinary wildlife services
- Wildlife population assessment and habitat management
- Aerial surveys
- Wildlife-based ecotourism
- Cybertracker App development and training
- Development of carbon abatement projects
To inquire about a project we might be able to help you with, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.AWS Brochure 2015 (746 downloads)
For injured wildlife in the ACT contact ACT Government 132281 or ACT Wildcare: +61 432 300 033