Australian Wildlife Services staff have a range of GIS and mapping capabilities including use of products ArcInfo, MapInfo, Manifold and Cybertracker.
GIS Services Available
- Spatial data capture, analysis and management
- Professional spatial representation of remotely sensed and ground truthed data to meet client objectives
- Map delineation, digitisation, georeferencing of ground-truthed data
- Analysis of remotely sensed data for classification, mapping and evaluation/monitoring of environmental factors
(vegetation, landuse, fire etc)
- Boolean logic; multi evaluation criteria and objective assessments and models to support decision-making.
Examples of spatial analysis projects:
- Wildlife population and biodiversity density assessment analysis and mapping
- Vegetation classification, analysis and thematic mapping
- Cultural and management data capture
- Soil mapping, water resource mapping
- Development of flight lines for aerial surveys and conduct of aerial surveys.
For map examples and more information download AWS’s GIS Capabilities:AWS GIS Capability (521 downloads)