AWS has full GIS capability in house using ArcGIS (ArcMap, ArcInfo), Mapinfo, Manifold. We interface these programs with Google Earth for easy customer viewing and use. Our mapping and GIS work ranges from digitizing hand drawn maps, complex spatial model development and producing spatial wildlife density estimates. AWS also works with Cadastral and Topographic digital databases, Landsat and SPOT imagery and can provide vegetation and fire mapping services. And our GIS analyst is reasonably priced.
GIS Services Available
- Spatial data capture, analysis and management
- Cadastral and topographic database and map production
- Digital elevation models
- Map delineation and digitization
- Analysis of remotely sensed data for classification, mapping and evaluation/monitoring of environmental factors
(vegetation, landuse, fire etc)
- Spatial modelling to support decision-making
- Landsat TM and ETM analysis.
Examples of spatial analysis projects:
- Wildlife population and biodiversity density assessment analysis and mapping
- Digitizing hand drawn weed and weed survey maps for report publication
- Vegetation classification, analysis and thematic mapping
- Cultural and management data capture
- Soil and geology mapping, water resource mapping
- Proposed flight lines for aerial surveys.
For map examples and more information download AWS’s GIS Capabilities AWS GIS Capability (1094 downloads)